Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Seen too many Krystal's Commercial's, I reckon...

So, could someone explain to me why on earth all these Southern "belles" are wearing bleach blonde hair, tanning bed orange skin, and heavy black eyeliner?

It's not just Krystal's commercials. I first really noticed it at a high school basketball games. Out cheerleaders were pale as anything (cause we don't do that tanning bed nonsense in the 'Shire, least we didn't back then) while the cheerleaders for the other teams were tanned to an interesting shade of orange.

But what is up with this? I really don't get it at all. But then, I don't get most things that girls do from blow-drying their hair on out. Seriously, it's a whole recently birthed stereotype. Maybe it's the junior version of most prominent SBC ladies have hair from the eighties. I don't know.

Oh, and I also totally don't grasp the athletic shorts and a freebie T-shirt thing with the hair carefully arranged on top of the head by a headband. I'm all about comfort, mind you, what I don't get is putting effort into looking sloppy. Sloppy is one thing, but it should just happen -- without help. Shoot, if I'm going to spend time on my appearance...

Long live the tie-dye!

No comments: