Friday, February 15, 2008

Can I get a ticket outta here?

Not Memphis -- Midtown and I get along just fine. I continue to fear and loath Nashville. And seriously, I want the hell out of Tennessee.

Like, now. Like, five months from now ain't soon enough. Like, I seriously want Midtown Memphis to secede from the rest of the state, citing irreconcilable differences.

As reported by feministe and feministing, Tennessee State Senator Doug Henry thinks that rape just really isn't what it used to be:
"Rape, ladies and gentleman, is not today what rape was. Rape, when I was
learning these things, was the violation of a chaste woman, against her will, by
some party not her spouse. Today it's simply, 'Let's don't go forward with
this act.'"

Wait -- what?
What? You, sir, are a misogynistic creep. No, creep is not strong enough for what you are. I don't know if we have a word strong enough for what you are.

*begin the Southern Belle accent* Oh, I'm sorry, ignore that bit above. I keep having these strange delusions that I'm a actual individual person with some sovereignty over my body. Silly me! I don't have spouse, so I guess I'm just fair game until it's established which manly man owns me. Maybe I should start looking into getting that lobotomy. *end the Southern Belle accent*

Yeah. Right.

(P.S. I misspelled "secede" the first time around. This makes me a bad southerner. That makes me grin today.)

No comments: