Monday, January 15, 2007

Assume away, disgusted ones!

Just in case you, along with the rest of the United States was hypnotized by the liberal media into thinking that the Shrub had claimed, as justification for invading, that Iraq had Weapons of Mass Destruction, he's here to explain that in addition to spreading freedom (which is, as dish best served via AK-47) invading Iraq with prevent 'instability' in the region. From the Washington Post, which conveniently shows up in my inbox around 5 am most mornings.
In the "60 Minutes" interview, Bush said that although Iraq has descended into instability since the U.S. invasion in March 2003, the removal of Saddam Hussein nonetheless was worthwhile. Hussein's remaining in power, he asserted, would have only led to a potential nuclear arms race between Iran and Iraq, which would have created even greater instability.
Now, I assume a lot of things in life. I assume that I exist and an not a voice in someone's head. I assume that the visible world is more real than the voices in my head. I assume that I possess free will. I assume that no single human can ever know the totality of the Divine and therefore can not claim to know the will of God.

Anyone of these assumptions could be wrong, so perhaps I shouldn't come down too hard on the Shrub for assuming that Hussein had WMDs or that Iran and Iraq were going to become engaged in a nuclear arms race, or that his actions (invading some countries, giving the finger to other countries, etc) wouldn't result in other countries feeling a bit worried about their national security and deciding to shore up their defenses by pursuing nuclear weapons.

But then, as a typical rule, mass numbers of people don't die from my assumptions. Unless, of course, the voices in my head who have dissappeared due to gross neglect were indeed more real than the visible world.

No comments: